I’m back! Since my last post, I turned 22, passed all my finals with better than expected results, had a semi-relaxing winter break at home with my family and friends, and traveled to Costa Rica.
I wasn’t going to make any new year’s resolutions, but the more I think about it, I’ve realized I want to set some goals for myself. Here goes:
- Make 10 new recipes. This may seem like nothing much, but I’m quite certain I only cooked meals off a recipe twice last year. My diet is mainly pasta and couscous.
- Run 200 miles. I would really like to run a mini this year, but the entry fee may keep me from that, so I’ll just do it for pretend. Last year I did just a little over 70 miles in real runs, and I wasn’t exercising regularly at all. I can do this.
- Learn Spanish. I used to know basic conversational spanish, but apparently I have forgotten everything and when I was in Costa Rica I felt extremely inadequate. I can understand 30x more than I can speak, so this year I want to get what I knew back and more.
- Learn actively. It’s my last semester of college and I need to figure what I want to do afterwards. Looking into things that interest me may help open my eyes to subjects I’ve never considered.
- Come up with some kind of plan for my future. There are a lot of fields I’m interested in, but I don’t know anything about how to get into them. I need to use my professors as a resource while I’m still here in Bloomington and try to organize my thoughts.
- Do things I enjoy on a regular basis. This includes taking more pictures, hiking, birding, cooking, doing crafts, etc. Enough of this wasting my time stalking other people’s lives, I need to live my own.
- Keep up with current events. I don’t know much about what’s going on in the world around me. I’m going to listen to more public radio and read more papers so I can form my own opinions and be able to support them in conversation.