So, I just wanted to give a small update since its been almost a month since I really posted. In that month I started a workout plan and got too busy after two weeks so that was a bust, and I’ve been winding down my last semester. This is what I’ve been busy with.
Indeed, I have already made myself busier than I should this summer. I knew I would.
1. I still need to finish my sister’s lab work so that’s a thing.
2. I’m close to full swing in my internship.
3. I have locked down summer staff and have been approved some office hours to grab extra projects.
4. I am going to help out service maintenance 15 hours a week.
5. I need to email a lady about volunteering with ecology research a bit.
6. My two classes are scheduled but I have a third seminar that I still don’t know when it will be.
7. Apply for jobs for fall, or spring if I don’t get one. And if my fall one is short I gotta get another lined up anyway.
Am I spreading myself too thin? It’s entirely possible. Some weeks I’m going to be working 50 hours and then school and I still haven’t factored in my social goals.
1. Lakes with Steph
2. 3 weddings
4. Boat trip, maybe two
5. Four separate groups of friends to say bye to, all of which contain some of my very best friends in the world.
Summer is my time. This is my time. Gotta make the most of all these opportunities. I want to do my best in all my endeavors this summer, while also preparing for the future. I’m worried about spreading myself too thin and only doing the minimum, but I’m also probably forgetting about some very large chunks of time.
I won’t be too disappointed if I don’t get a job right away in September, because I am going to need a vacation. I’ve been going nonstop for three years with what feels like only one real vacation (Costa Rica, which was actually a class), and I need a break. Summer is always a good time for me to feel good about myself and my busy-ness though. I’m excited.